About the amp.
Like our incredibly popular Imperial MKII, the Tone King Sky King 1 x 12” 35W combo sings with definitively American blackface and tweed tones of the 1950s and ‘60s. But glassy elegance and warm bark are only the beginning. Add in fast-reacting pentode or spongier ultralinear modes, spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo circuits, and dual Ironman II reactive power attenuators – one for each channel – and you have the ultimate marriage of vintage American tones and modern control.
- Footswitchable 2-channel design (rhythm, lead)
- Selectable pentode (tighter), ultralinear (added sag) operation modes
- Dual Ironman II reactive attenuation for each channel
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- 35W, 1×12”
A lesson in American tone.
Both channels on your Tone King Sky King boast a no-nonsense 3-knob control layout and are foot-switchable. The rhythm channel offers ‘60s era cleans and chime. The lead channel handles the harmonically rich midrange of ‘50s tweed amps. And thanks to its Mid Bite control, it will also deliver old-school, British punch.
Ironman II reactive attenuation.
The Ironman II reactive power attenuator gives Tone King amplifiers increased flexibility for any gig, session, or rehearsal. Just crank your amp to the sweet spot then rein in the volume for thick, rich tone at usable levels. And thanks to its reactive load technology and HF Compensation, you’ll always maintain your cranked amp tone and feel.
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo.
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo have helped define the tone of many vintage, American-voiced combo amps. We have gone into painstaking detail to re-create those same thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And we think you’ll find our tube-driven circuits and old-school control perfectly capture the sound and character of the originals.
Custom-voiced Eminence speaker.
Every Tone King combo amplifier is outfitted with a 12” Celestion speaker that has been voiced to deliver the top-shelf tone our brand demands. As soon as you hit your first notes, you’ll experience the detailed overtones, warm lows, and vocal-like mids all displaying pristine sonic detail.
Built for tone, built to last.
From the tolex to the wiring, every Tone King amplifier is constructed with a passion for tone and reliability, right here in the US. We use only premium baltic birch in the construction of our cabinets and amp shells. And every amp is meticulously hand-built to deliver top-notch tone every time you plug in.
A style all our own.
The first thing that often jumps out about Tone King amplifiers is our stage-ready presentation. When you’re as passionate about tone as we are, there’s no reason to hide in the background.
- 35W, 1×12 Two Channel Combo
- 1×12 Tone King 1660 by Celestion
- 2 Channel (Rhythm, Lead), Footswitchable
- Rhythm Channel Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Lead Channel Controls: Volume, Tone
- Tube driven spring reverb
- Full spring 2-spring reverb pan
- Bias modulation type tremolo circuit
- Footswitch controllable
Built-In Ironman Power Attenuator:
- Controls: Attenuation Level (Rhythm), Attenuation Level (Lead)
- Attenuation Steps: 0db, -3db, -9db, -15db, -24db, -36db
- Dual attenuation controls (one for each preamp channel)
- Two button footswitch (channel, tremolo)
- LED status indicators
Operating Mode Swich:
- controls operating mode of output tubes: Ultralinear or Pentode mode
- 4x12AX7A, 1x12AT7, 2x6L6GC, 1x5AR4
- 2x6L6GC, cathode biased, no negative feedback, selectable ultralinear/pentode mode
- 35W RMS
- 16 Ohms
Ironman Attenuator design features:
- Precision tuned reactive load