Imperial MK II Head.
Imperial tone in an amp head format
About the amp.
For players that prefer mixing and matching their amps and speakers, Tone King offers the Imperial MKII head. You’ll find the same spanky blackface-style voice and‘50s-era tweed grit as the combo, but you can mate the head with your favorite speaker combination. And with modern appointments, such as an onboard Ironman II power attenuator, and tube-driven effects, the Imperial MKII head is the perfect old-school platform for modern players.
- Footswitchable 2-channel design (rhythm, lead)
- Ironman II reactive attenuation
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
Iconic American tones.
Though labeled Rhythm and Lead, the Imperial MKII’s dual foot-switchable channels could very well be called blackface and tweed. The higher-headroom Rhythm channel speaks with the crystal-clear body and presence of the mid-’60s most popular amps. The Lead channel brings on the spongy midrange response and sustain of the most beloved ‘50s designs. And both feature straightforward 3-band EQ control, for to-die-for tone on any setting.
Ironman II reactive attenuation.
The Ironman II reactive power attenuator gives Tone King amplifiers increased flexibility for any gig, session, or rehearsal. And thanks to its reactive load technology and HF Compensation, it does it while always maintaining your cranked amp tone and feel. Go ahead, crank your amp to the sweet spot then rein in the volume for thick, rich tone at usable levels.
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo.
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo have helped define the tone of many vintage, American-voiced combo amps. We have gone into painstaking detail to re-create those same thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And we think you’ll find our tube-driven circuits and old-school control perfectly capture the sound and character of the originals.
Built for tone, built to last.
From the tolex to the wiring, every Tone King amplifier is constructed with a passion for tone and reliability, right here in the US. We use only premium baltic birch in the construction of our cabinets and amp shells. And every amp is meticulously hand-wired to deliver top-notch tone every time you plug in.
A style all our own.
The first thing that often jumps out about Tone King amplifiers is our stage-ready presentation. When you’re as passionate about tone as we are, there’s no reason to hide in the background.
- 20W, all-tube guitar amplifier head voiced for the superb vintage, American tones
- Tubes: 2 x 6V6, 4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7 & 1 x 5AR4
- Blackface-style rhythm channel and tweed-like lead channel
- Foot-switchable channels and bias modulation tremolo
- tube-driven reverb
- Onboard Ironman II reactive attenuator for great tone at any volume
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Tunable Attenuator with HF Compensation and Rhythm channel Bypass switches
- Baltic Birch USA construction
- Dimensions: 9″(L) x 22.5″(W) x 10.5″(H)
- Weight: 25 lbs.