About the attenuator.
Keep an Ironman II Mini on your pedalboard and leave the volume wars behind. Perfect for mid-powered tube amplifiers up to 30 watts, this mini version of our popular 100-watt version attenuates your amp’s volume via the same reactive load and transformer-coupled technology as its big brother. Not only will your amp breathe properly on any stage, studio, or rehearsal, but you’ll maintain every ounce of your tonal nuance and response. And when it is time to get above the mix, a finely tuned Solo Mode footswitch is ready to answer the call. So take control of your tone today and see why we call the Ironman II Mini a transparent volume solution unlike anything out there.
- 30-watt attenuator offers cranked tone and response at whisper volumes
- Reactive load technology maintains the relationship between amp and speaker
- Custom-designed, transformer-coupled signal flow
- Foot-switchable Solo Mode offers a boosted level with the tap of your toe
- 3-position Presence switch dials your amp’s top-end character
- ¼” Line output can drive additional amplifiers, your favorite IRs, and more
- Rated for 30-watt, 8 Ohm amplifiers
Reactive, transformer-coupled attenuation.
A vital part of an amp’s tone is the way it interacts with the speaker. These impedance fluctuations are vital to the tones we love. The Ironman II Mini’s proprietary reactive load and transformer-coupled technology, treat the amplifier the same as a speaker, giving you all of the frequencies and nuance of your tone at any volume.
The Ironman II Mini provides a unique Solo mode which can be engaged right from the face of the pedal-style unit. The Solo function selects between the attenuator’s Solo and Lo/Hi settings, allowing you to instantly toggle between two different volume levels, perfect for kicking a guitar solo over the mix.
3-position Presence control.
The Presence switch provides subtle control of brightness and compression. It allows you to tailor the response to match your acoustic environment and to correct for an overly bright amplifier. Three settings are provided: 0db (brightest setting), -3db, and -6db (darkest setting).
¼” line-level output.
The Ironman II’s Line-out provides a line-level signal that can drive another amplifier, mixing board, recording interface, or any other line-level input. Pair it with a high-quality IR, and you have a powerful way to achieve boutique-level tone via direct recording.
- 30W R.M.S. Maximum
- Fixed Impedance; 8 Ohms only
- Fixed Impedance; 8 Ohms only
- A total of 18 distinct attenuation levels are available
- Selects between 6 different attenuation steps
- Selectable 3db/6db reduction in attenuation for solo volume boost
- Selects between the HI and LO attenuation ranges, to control the attenuation level when the SOLO feature is inactive.
- Recording / D.I. output, impedance = 10K Ohms; level = -10dbu
- Indicates status of SOLO function
- Used for LED indicator only. Power supplied by either internal batteries (2 x AA cells) or external 9V source.